1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking to buy duckling - NJ or PA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Aleego, May 14, 2009.

1. Aleego

Aleego New Egg

May 13, 2009
    I live in Hunterdon County, NJ and I am looking to buy a duckling but I am looking for something very specific.

Basically, long story short- Our family pet was a call duck for quite some time. She was a part of the family and everything and she was treated like a princess [​IMG]

Anyway...she passed away sometime ago and we are looking to experience having a duck as a special pet again.

I am trying to find a duckling that will be hatched around end of June (after the 14th)-anywhen in July. I am looking for one that was hatched in an incubator and that has imprinted only on humans. This is what was the case with our call duck before: we got her as the first duckling that hatched from a lady who was hatching calls and we took her home as a day-old duckling.

I don't really mind the breed too much- I am just looking for a smaller breed, and very friendly duck that I can buy asap after he/she hatches.

I am willing to pay well to find the ideal duckling for my family.

If you live around NJ or PA and can help me out, please email me, or post here and let me know.

2. duckncover

duckncover Duck Obsessed

Jan 17, 2009
    North Eastern PA
    If you want to I could hatch you a duckling.

I'm in North Eastern PA and I've hatched duck eggs before.

All I ask is that you pay for the eggs to be shipped to me and come pick 1 up.

I'd be happy to do it for you!

3. Aleego

Aleego New Egg

May 13, 2009
    That would be great. Thank you so much.

I guess I just need to know details of where I should order from ect...

Will I be ordering a half dozen hatching eggs? Is that okay for you? Will you be able to keep the rest?

Haha sorry I'm all excited now to get my duckling!

Just tell me what I need to do.

Thanks,
    Leanne

4. keystonepaul

keystonepaul Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    Pocono
    I know duckandcover he's about 15 minutes from me and I drive to New Jersey Monday to Friday so if it were to hatch on a weekday we might be able to work out something for me to deliver the duckling to NJ and meet you somewhere. I've been to Hunterdon Developmental Center once and think it's down past Washington?? Anyway our main office is in Stanhope and I travel to Washington among other places. Not looking for any money out of the deal by "work out something" I mean a time a and place if your interested. just let me know. Folks have been very helpful to me on the board itself and in person so I'll pay it forward when I can. Good luck either way. Keystonepaul

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  5. Aleego

Aleego New Egg

May 13, 2009
    Thanks keystonepaul, but I'm not too far from and if the deal works out I will be able to go get the duckling. Thank you for your offer though [​IMG]

6. tara_nj

tara_nj New Egg

May 16, 2009
    Hi - I live and work near Whitehouse Station, NJ and have also been looking for a hatched duckling (two preferably) to raise as pets. Have you worked things out with the eggs? I would be more than happy to split the cost with you and take two of the ducklings!

Tara

7. Aleego

Aleego New Egg

May 13, 2009
    DucknCover, are you still interested in helping me hatch a duckling? Please let me know. Thanks [​IMG]

8. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi,
    I'm a Tara too!
    in cecil county maryland. I would also LOVE a couple call duck day old

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by