Looking to buy few black silkie fertile eggs..live in Florida

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Rufflemyfeathers, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Rufflemyfeathers

Rufflemyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    Looking to buy few black silkie fertile eggs..live in Florida will pay for and give you my address if anyone has any to ship..

2. danrut101

danrut101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  3. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    I'll have some as soon as my new pair starts laying:

[​IMG]

By the way, what are you going to do w/ that Royal Palm you're hatching out? [​IMG] I have a lonely baby that needs a friend if you don't want him.
    ETA: Or the one you already have?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  4. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    Kelly, those new black ones look marvelous! I'd be interested in some of their eggs! Have they started laying yet?

5. KellyHM

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Not yet, but I can't wait until they do!

6. tgcole

tgcole Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2008
    Jacksonville, AL
    Kelly,

Are you sure those are chickens???

They look more like cats! [​IMG]

Just kidding, they're awsome! How are your Marans?

Greg

7. KellyHM

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Quote:My Black Coppers are great! They're almost 3 months old now...can you believe it? The roos are absolutely gorgeous...I'll have to send you some pics! I still have 1 that hasn't decided if it's going to be a hen or roo...other than that one I have 2 pullets and 2 roos. I just hatched out 4 more babies too and I have 6 wheaten Marans eggs cooking in the bator, so I'm slowly building the flock. How's everything up your way? Is it as cold there as it is here?

8. tgcole

tgcole Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2008
    Jacksonville, AL
    Last week we had 6 inches of rain in 24 hours followed by 18 degree temps and wind like a hurricane! I had to teach the hens to swim, ice skate and hang glide all in a week.

The crazy silkies just huddle up in a wad wherever they are when it gets dark. When it's really cold, I carry them in the coop.

I have several nice silkie roos in black, white, blue and partridge, but only 2 little black hens. Got my silkie first egg today. I half expected them to be furry!

Greg

9. KellyHM

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Yeah, it's been raining here for 2 days...and the stupid chickens all look like drowned rats...especially the Silkies! It's suppose to be in the 20s here the next few nights....apparently the weather forgot it was in FL!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by