Looking to buy incubtor, will pay for shipping and cost.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by caseymacom, Oct 6, 2016.

1. caseymacom

caseymacom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2015
    spartanburg sc
    I tried posting in buy sale and trade but couldnt, if anyone has a reasonable priced incubator with fan and turner u willing to part with, please let me know ur price, doesnt need to be anything fancy, just something that works good. I have a still air little giant and its issue after issue. Please reply here or email me at [email protected] thanks alot

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  2. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Order an Incuview from Incubator Warehouse. It's the most affordable, reliable, and best value on the market. They also have a 1-year warranty. Excellent customer service. If anything breaks in the first year, they will replace the broken part with no questions asked. It's also very easy to clean and change out parts.

3. caseymacom

Mar 25, 2015
    spartanburg sc
    thank u very much going to check this out now

4. JoshFig

JoshFig Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2015
    You can put your own setup together for around $100 as well. I purchased the HovaBator off amazon ($60). Little Giant Turner (fits in Hovabator) - $40. And a $6 USB computer fan (bolts line up with the holes in the hova bator). Very easy setup - I've hatched lots of eggs with this and had great results. Saves quite a bit on buying the entire setup as a single package.

Only downside is 3 plugs - but thats not a big deal for me.

https://www.amazon.com/G-Q-F-Manufa...TF8&qid=1475764573&sr=8-1&keywords=hova+bator
    https://www.amazon.com/Little-Giant...TF8&qid=1475764603&sr=8-1&keywords=egg+turner
    https://www.amazon.com/Black-Silent...d=1475764685&sr=1-3&keywords=USB+Computer+fan

5. caseymacom

Mar 25, 2015
    spartanburg sc
    Ty that sounds like my price range. I put a pc fan in my little giant bator the other day and even when the heater cut off my temp still reached 120 not sure what happen there

6. JoshFig

JoshFig Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2015
    That sounds like a different issue - if you hit 120 you were still heating way past 99.5. Before you put eggs in calibrate the bator for a couple of days. Put both the turner and the fan in and calibrate with those in there (both temp and humidity) - get it right for a day or two before putting any eggs in there.

If you are at 120 degrees - you are way off - i'd probably leave the fan and turner out and get it down and stable at 99, then add those in at that point and re-calibrate. Once its dialed in you shouldn't have to adjust it beyond a quarter turn on the thermostat.

btw - You already have a little giant and a computer fan? If so - thats all you need. Hatch your first batch manually turning and figure out if you want to invest in the turner from there. We did our first several hatches manually turning eggs and had an excellent hatch rate - just keep a journal and make sure you turn them 3 times a day till lockdown.

7. caseymacom

Mar 25, 2015
    spartanburg sc
    I used it

That sounds like a different issue - if you hit 120 you were still heating way past 99.5.  Before you put eggs in calibrate the bator for a couple of days.   Put both the turner and the fan in and calibrate with those in there (both temp and humidity) - get it right for a day or two before putting any eggs in there.

If you are at 120 degrees - you are way off - i'd probably leave the fan and turner out and get it down and stable at 99, then add those in at that point and re-calibrate.  Once its dialed in you shouldn't have to adjust it beyond a quarter turn on the thermostat.

btw - You already have a little giant and a computer fan?  If so - thats all you need.  Hatch your first batch manually turning and figure out if you want to invest in the turner from there.  We did our first several hatches manually turning eggs and had an excellent hatch rate - just keep a journal and make sure you turn them 3 times a day till lockdown.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by