Looking to BUY! Juvenile or Adult Welsummers or Marans ASAP!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by tcox4freedom, Aug 5, 2009.

1. tcox4freedom

tcox4freedom Hatching

Apr 22, 2009
    My coop and run are finished and I wish to buy juvenile or adult Welsummers. (My 7yr old daughter picked them from the picture in the breed index.)

Her second choice was Marans with the similar "partridge" coloring.

I'm willing to buy up to 10 layers (juvenile or adult). I really want to buy them ASAP! (before they start back to school)

Please PM me if you have any 4 sale; OR know where I can get them NOW!

Thanks
    T Cox

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  2. jeanniejayne

jeanniejayne Songster

Nov 30, 2008
    mid-Delaware
    It helps a lot if you tell people where you are geograpically. Most breeders or anyone small will not ship adult birds, esp. in summer. Welsummers are a rare breed in the US, also, as are Marans ( your daughter has good taste!).

You might also want to check Craig's list, or Yahoo Groups -- I know there is a Welsummer group. Or see if here is a chicken sale or swap in your area. State and county fairs are being held this time of year, too. Please make sure you have all your supplies before you get your birds. And if you need a resource, BYC;s new book "Chickens for Idiots" is a great way to start out!

Good luck! [​IMG]

3. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Hi, we have been blessed with some Beautiful Welsummers. I'm in GA and don't know where you are.

I have some Hens I'd be willing to share with you for a price ...smile.

Please pm me if you are interested.

Here's a pic of one.
    [​IMG]

and the shy rooster[​IMG]

and the eggs
    [​IMG]

Have a blessed day!

Thanks and have a blessed day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: