Looking to buy new cheap incubator

Chickenlover106

Chirping
Aug 15, 2019
Quezon Province, Philippines
Hey guys, I'm trying to find the best incubator to buy that I can afford with my budget ($50-$60)
Any suggestions?
I found this Chinese incubator https://www.ebay.com/itm/Automatic-...442788?hash=item48d04e60a4:g:pGoAAOSwYfddW0Rs.

It sells for 30 USD. I can't really seem to trust it. I've heard some bad and good reviews about it. And I found a website that sells it for 17 USD! https://zerocleshop.com/products/automatic-egg-incubator-temperature-hatcher

I can't trust the website either, its contact details are from USA but when I looked it up on whois.com, it said it's based in Canada. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I've also heard of magicfly automatic incubator. Is it great? It has got some good ratings (4/5) on amazon.
Although it's also made in China :(.

The zerocleshop one is a site through shopify. Theres been several fake stores set up through them and they don’t assist with issues. Most likely fake because they tend to use an unreasonably low price to get as many before they close shop.

Sometimes you can find the JaNoel12 for cheap. I have two and they’re good incubators. You just need to put a hydrometer in there. I use mine for lockdown.

You can get a bare bones GQF HovaBator for right about $60. I strongly suggest doing that rather than getting anything Chinese. Check them out on http://www.incubatorwarehouse.com

That will give you a safe, American-made unit that will hold more than 42 chicken eggs (since you won't be using a turner). I'm very fond of the HovaBator line, I currently have three.

If you buy the basic HovaBator, sometime down the line when you have some spare money, you can always buy a fan and a turner separately. The fan is something like $15 if memory serves, and the turner is around $40.

Also, if you haven't already, get on FaceBook and do a Marketplace search for "incubator" and see what comes up. If you look at pictures of the tops of HovaBators online, you can easily recognize them vs other styrofoam tops. I've seen them for as low as $15 WITH a turner, which is an excellent deal.

I do not recommend the other brands of styrofoam incubator available in the US - Farm Innovators and the other that I can't think of off the top of my head (Remembered - Little Giant! I especially don't recommend those).

If you do pick up a HovaBator, especially used, and you want help setting it up and burning it in correctly (you need to run it a specific way before you use it when it's the model with the wafer that isn't digital) feel free to shoot me a private message and I'll walk you through it.

Last edited:
Personally, I LOVE my Farm Innovators Model 4250 with automatic egg turner and optional quail rails. Judging from the high number of negative reviews, I often wonder if I have the ONLY ONE in the world that actually works, but from MY experience with it, it's a dream come true. I bought it here in Panama and had NO options on brand names, it was the ONLY incubator offered for sale, and I'd been begging the store to get one in for years and years. I've been running it almost non-stop since January, only turning it off when I take it outside to hose it down and disinfect it before hatching another batch of eggs. It was over your stated budget, but I honestly don't know how big of a markup the store gets here vs prices paid for the same equipment in your country. Might be worth looking into.

Personally, I LOVE my Farm Innovators Model 4250 with automatic egg turner and optional quail rails. Judging from the high number of negative reviews, I often wonder if I have the ONLY ONE in the world that actually works, but from MY experience with it, it's a dream come true. I bought it here in Panama and had NO options on brand names, it was the ONLY incubator offered for sale, and I'd been begging the store to get one in for years and years. I've been running it almost non-stop since January, only turning it off when I take it outside to hose it down and disinfect it before hatching another batch of eggs. It was over your stated budget, but I honestly don't know how big of a markup the store gets here vs prices paid for the same equipment in your country. Might be worth looking into.
It's double her budget here too, but I'm glad it actually works for you!

Back
Top Bottom