***looking to buy older pullets in my area**

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by markb816, May 18, 2010.

1. markb816

markb816 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Middle Tennessee
    I LIVE IN THE MIDDLE TENNESSEE AREA AND I AM LOOKING FOR A SAFE FRIENDLY PLACE TO PURCHASE OLDER PULLETS YOUNG HENS. PREFERABLY 5-9 MONTHS OLD. I have listed what I am looking for and why I am interested.
    one jersey giant, I like that they are the largest of all breeds
    one brahma, I like feathery feet, and their beauty
    one naked neck, I like their uniqueness
    and also looking for the most broody hen breed out their, just in case I want a good motherly hen who wants to take care of her eggs, and babies...

CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS???

2. SAORSA

SAORSA Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Wine Country
    You might try Craigslist. I have had some success here in California.
    Maybe the bump will catch someone in Tennessee who can help.

BUMP [​IMG]

3. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I wish you weren't so far away. I don't have the breeds you are looking for at this time but I do have a Welsummer pullet, a black copper Marans pullet, standard Cochin and a bantam Cochin hen for sale as well as a black cuckoo Marans hen. That is about all I have left to sell right now that is young and laying.
    If you don't mind the drive I may have them for a while longer.

I had buff Brahmas but people talked me out of all of them. And I love all 10 of my Jersey Giant hens so won't part with any more of those. I don't have Naked Necks but I have lots of chicks in Silkie, bantam Cochin/Silkie cross and some Frizzles and Sizzles in different colors.

4. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    have you checked the breeders list here on the forum they are listed by state as well as breed. Also you might try to go into th where are you where am I section and ask someone from your state. Alot of times they list what they sell as well as where they are.

5. SilkieTime

SilkieTime Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Joelton Tn.
    The hen on the right is a good mom and broody all the time when she is not taking care of babies. She is sitting on eggs now that are will hatch very soon.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by