lOOKING TO HOME A FEW BABY CHICKS IN NEW MEXICO

I am so sorry to hear it was a twist I have heard of many breeds of dogs having that problem. I know with my boxers we have to watch out for cancer, and tumors.
I am glad she was able to pass at home in her own bed with all of you there with her that is most likely what she wanted. Is it common for a dog to get a twist at such a fairly young age? or can it happen any time?

well if you need someone to talk to anytime I am here for you -like I said we just went through this losing the battle with that boxer pup it was the hardest thing I have had to deal.

Last edited:
well I am having a problem with my mallard mix duck attacking my pullet girls he is trying to breed them and is driving them and me crazy, so I am going to call the zoo here and see if the can add him to the flock they have I hope they can if not I will be trying to find a home for him also. He is not a bad guy just to much duck for the pullets and right now I dont have the time to build him a run of his own since we are still working on the coop -
your girls are doing fine they had one of thier fav treats this morning corn on the cob, they also love bread of any kind, strawberries, melon any kind, chesse, tomatoes they really like milk also. very spoiled chickens LOL

I'm glad to hear everyone's doing well..other than the annoying duck! My husband and I are going to look at some bloodhound puppies on Friday, he decided we needed to jump in and get another to lighten things up here. The vet has said she can tack the outside walls of the stomach to a dog's side when she spays it to help prevent twists, so we'll definitely get that done. I'd hoped to rescue another one, but Bloodhounds are pretty hard to come by, let alone one young enough to train and have many years work left in it.

It still feels weird at home though. It feels like nothing is exciting or interesting right now, and I just don't feel much like doing anything. Hopefully the new pup will change that. I'll try to arrange to pick up the ladies from you sometime next week. I might bring the new baby along for the ride too, she'll probably need showing off!

That sounds like a wonderful idea your hubby has about getting a new puppy, after I lost the little pup I was taking care I felt really lost for awhile and nothing made me smile I was really depressed, but I have a friend who also has boxers and he knows how upset I was so when he breeds his dogs if they have a white female he is going to give her to me- just because-so I do have something to look forward to.
I cant wait to meet you and your hubby, I have to warn you if my hubby sees the new puppy he might try to sneak her into our car LOL
Your girls are doing great I have three very pretty ladies picked out for you- there is one silver laced with a lot of silver on her very pretty little girl, the light brahma is a sweet little girl she has some really nice markings she is going to very pretty all grown up, and the americana girl is a true redhead she is really brave I dont think anything scares her !!! this morning they had blueberry bagels for breakfast.
here is a pic taken from the bathroom window of them eating thier bagel
mygirls.jpg

here is a couple of the LB's taking a nap
lightbrahmas.jpg

how is everyting today ? are you feeling better?
i have a question about the americana chicks - i have two girls that are both very pretty one has the puffy cheecks and the other does not - which would you like? they are both very sweet little girls and have real pretty markings was just wondering.

Sorry to butt in on ya'lls conversation but Chickengirlnm if you would like or would be interested in some white/blue cochin eggs in the spring let me know.

peeps no problem butt in all you want LOL i would love some blue cochins but i dont have a bator !! i would love some starter chicks - where are you located?how much do you sell your babies for?

Well I won't have babies until probably April. I'm not exactly sure what to sell them for. What do you think is a good price? Oh and I would have to ship because I live a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way away from you.

Sorry I took forever to get back to you. We went to Amarillo today to get puppy supplies, because the little saggy bundle will be here next weekend. Things are getting better here, but I still wish I had my big old friend back.

I'd like the one with the fluffy cheeks if that is OK. We have one bearded one that my crazy husband carries around on his arm and calls his chicken hawk.

Back
Top Bottom