Looking to interview people for a school paper

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by worknprogress, Jul 18, 2009.

1. worknprogress

worknprogress In the Brooder

Sep 19, 2008
    WE have to write a report on a local subculture. I thought it would be fun to do urban chickens.

I would like to interview, online of course, some of you who own chickens in town.

Let me know a time when we can set up a chat. It will be short.

2. worknprogress

Sep 19, 2008
    Bump

3. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Songster

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    Hey, don't bump! [​IMG]

You can PM people you might like to interview. Also, I think you might get some rich data by simply quoting people's comments in threads. I took a graduate course that allowed students to use online data because it is in the public domain. No need to get permission to quote or go through a human subject committee.

4. What a great idea! I'm semi-rural so I don't think it counts, but I'll bet there are plenty of city folk here who will help you out.

5. worknprogress

Sep 19, 2008
    Our city just past an ordinance allowing four laying hens. I was so happy until I found out that they were considered a part of the over all 4 pet limit. I cant get any because I have two cats and two dogs.

6. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Sounds like Fayetteville's new law....

7. FlockMama

FlockMama ChickyBawkyChickChick

Mar 11, 2009
    Washington State
    Quote:Isn't it amazing you can have your own home and someone else can tell you how many animals you can have? I guess it's so it doesn't get out of control but I don't know if I could handle that! [​IMG]

8. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Songster

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    For starters, noone knows where you live, that would be helpful.

If nothing else, call your local feed store and talk to them or go up there and wait to meet other people.

9. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    You are more than welcome to PM me. We are aren't "urban" per se, but we do live in a rural/suburban town in Southern California. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: