Looking to purchase chicks

Morgan2002

Hatching
8 Years
Mar 3, 2011
Hello,
Was going to purchase chicks through MCMURRAY, but noticed they have a 25chick minimum. I want to start with a small flock, two buffs, two speckled sussex, and two black australorps. I do want to start with c hicks. I'm told I can purchase at a local show? Can anyone direct me to a local show in Connecticut, Mass, NY, etc. that would offer chicks?

Thanks,
Morgan2002

lilchick

Songster
11 Years
May 23, 2008
Williamsport In.
Farm stores are selling chicks right now with a 6 minimum. Also people in your area will be hatching out chicks and needing to sell a few extras. Post on craigslist what you are looking for.

Never ordered from them but others on here talk about Mypetchicken where you can order just a few. good luck on your mission!

OkChickens

Orpingtons Are Us
9 Years
Dec 1, 2010
Owasso, Oklahoma
Mcmurray has good chicks but are proud of their prices try a feed store if they don't have the kind you want then try to split an order with someone from!

Nate

14chickmama

Chirping
9 Years
Jan 6, 2011
Quote:
Try Meyer hatchery in Polk Ohio. There minimum for chicks are 3. That's where I got mine from. I have 15 from them and there all doing very well so far. Or try local feed stores or tractor supply co.

Morgan2002

Hatching
8 Years
Mar 3, 2011
Thank you for all your help. I checked Tractor Supply, but they also have a minimum. I ordered last night from Meyer Hatchery after doing a little research on their company. They seem to have a good service record. Am getting 2 Speckled Sussex, 2 Black Australorps, 2 Buff Orpingtons, with one Speckled Sussex Roo. Very excited. They will arrive in May.

Top Bottom