Looking to show Barred Plymouth Rocks, Where to start, Who has them ??

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by josh44, Sep 15, 2010.

1. josh44

josh44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2008
    San Antonio Texas
    I am looking to learn more about showing Plymouth Rock Large Fowl.

What do I need To know about SQ Barred Rocks ?

Where do I start ?

Also
    Does anybody know where to get Exhibition Barred Plymouth Rocks Large Fowl ??? [​IMG]

I am looking to buy the best available ! Not hatchery stock!

Willing to pay top $ for high quality Fowl.

I had a pair but they are aged, & the breeder I bough them from seldomely sells birds.
    They were older & did not breed well. So I am looking to learn more about the plymouth rock breed & all about showing the barred variety.
    At the same time I am wanting to start out with younger better stock.

I looked up Robert Blosyls web page, & that was a start but not much of a responce ...

ANY SUGGESTIONS [​IMG]

Thank You, [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  2. Jwhip

Jwhip Out Of The Brooder

Jul 18, 2010
    I have SQ Barred rock LF. My line is from the Good Shephard Ranch (Danny Willianson, Frank Reese). I hatched all summer and will have some hatching this weeekend. I also have a few birds from Guy Roy in the East, I like the Good Sherpherd birds better but Guy has a much better show record. One of my cockerals was Reserve Champion of the American Class at the Nebraska State Fair 4-H show, which was much tougher in competition than the open class. I am planning on going to the National Plythouth Rock Fanciers Club show in Minnesota to see how good they are. I can send pictures of the breeders.

3. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by