1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Looking to trade for a roo in wyandot county, Ohio

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by Lyrod, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Lyrod

Lyrod In the Brooder

Apr 18, 2014
    Upper Sandusky, Ohio
    We ordered 12 Chicks for our 3 children and my wife picked them up on 4-17-14 hatched the day before, The order was supposed to be 4 Barred Rocks, 4 RiR s and only 4 golden buffs. was upset with the hatchery when they informed us a week after we got them that they had changed are order because they did not have the RiR and gave us 8 golden buff hens and 4 barred rock hens in place, then it was worse when they said we had to purchase twelve more to get what we wanted when they messed up the order. So my wife purchased 6 more from Tractor Supply on there last week so they were on sell 4 New Hampshire Red hens, 1 standard bantam hen and 1 standard bantam roo.

Would like to trade 3 golden buff s for a good young male that is friendly

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  2. SIMZ

SIMZ Crowing 7 Years

Apr 29, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    I've got young roosters and am going to be going right past you on my way to Galion to visit family next week. I have extra Black Copper Marans and you're welcome to one - you can keep your buffs or sell them. Extra males are everywhere this time of year. [​IMG]

They haven't been handled much, but should calm down with a little attention and handling. They hatched in May, but tend to be big, so I think one would be fine with your chicks. He'll grow up to a big, handsome roo. If you don't hear from anyone local just let me know. I'd be happy to bring one along and meet you off 30 in Upper.

3. PoultryQueen101

PoultryQueen101 Songster

Jul 14, 2014
    Middle-East Ohio
    I see you contacted us about my roo. We would love for you to have jessie... but we just want to give him free, we dont need more hens lol.

Also, i would consider myself lucky not to get the rhode island reds, I have heard multiple times that they are aggressive.

4. Lyrod

Lyrod In the Brooder

Apr 18, 2014
    Upper Sandusky, Ohio
    I have never really had a problem with Rhode Island Red Hens it is the Roos we always had trouble with. Thank you very much for sharing Jessie with us he will have a wide open home with plenty of free space to roam during the day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: