Looking...

tothemoon

Songster
Sep 3, 2009
Texas
I am looking for some rare colors of standard cochins. Lavender or Columbian. Would also like some ideas on other colors that I might not have heard of that are rare and where I can get them. Would prefer chicks but will take eggs. Would love to be able to see some pics as well. Thanks!

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
My favorites are the Blues and Golden Laced, tho they are not very rare. I am on the waiting list for lemon blues from equibling. I havent heard of columbian cochins, what do those look like? are they similiar to columbian wyandottes?

A~

They have the columbian color, white with black around the neck and on the tail. What do the lemon blues look like? I havent heard of them.....

I have 3 blue cochin bantams, they arent as light as I would want them but they are still very beautiful. I also have 3 buff cochin bantams and 3 partridge cochin bantams. They are all about 3 months old and I love to hear the roosters crow!!

Last edited:
There are a few folks working on standard columbians but they are extremely poor type... from what I've seen.

I have bantams.

Quote:
Yes, I'm sorry, I'm an idiot, and just now saw that the first post said standard
roll.png

ETA: equibling has some lemon blue LF

Last edited:
I'd like to start on some standard columbians, but can't find any banties close to use as a starting point. I'm having awful luck with shipped eggs- so that's out.
hmm.png

Quote:
You can try light brahma or columbian wyandotte and just cull hard. I'd probably use the wyandotte. Rose combs are dominant but you will get some straight combs on the first generation..

Back
Top Bottom