Looks like an EE but with feathery feet?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by inputoutput, Aug 25, 2013.

1. inputoutput

inputoutput Out Of The Brooder

Sep 5, 2011
    Cumberland, MD
    So my friend gave me this little thing hatched from some eggs a friend gave her. Not sure what it is.

[​IMG]

It is difficult to see, but the yellow feet have a line of feathering (a single line) going in towards the inner toe.

[​IMG]

A black and white head, something a few of my EEs have, but the comb is a bit bigger than my EEs were. Still has lots of developing feathers.

[​IMG]

Its feet are bright yellow and thick. Its got some blue in the wings, which are mostly brown to light brown and speckled throughout.

Thinking it is some kind of game bird? Sweet little mutt and I don't breed mine and only rarely eat them so whatever it is, it'll have a spoiled life.

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    He looks like a mix to me. The leg feathering and coloring make me think that he has some Salmon Faverolle in him, but he definitely isn't a pure breed.

3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    X2

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana

x3

5. K Spot

K Spot Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2013
    SE Qld, Australia
    x4

6. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    He's a mixed breed cockerel. No EE in recent heritage, just some straight combed and feather legged ancestry.

7. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Salmon Faverolles mix, due to lack of beard and muff. He will most likely look like a pure Faverolles when he matures. Fav males tend to be VERY messy as juveniles (just like yours)

8. inputoutput

inputoutput Out Of The Brooder

Sep 5, 2011
    Cumberland, MD
    Thanks everyone for the input. My friend who hatched it said it was a she but I don't have any other roosters so if its a he after all, I'll see how it goes. The other egg hatched a completely white bird but it could be from a different hen for all we know. Pretty much the most cuddly bird ever. It flew from the tub it was in to my lap across the porch then forced its way under my arm and fell asleep. Its tub is right next to my front door and it pretty much just cries for me all the time :( And I've only had it since Saturday.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by