Looks like Holderreads are selling out of Sebastopol geese.

Discussion in 'Geese' started by BirdBrain, Nov 26, 2010.

1. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    Well, I was disappointed to see that Holderreads are selling out of Sebbies. They had beautiful birds. Anyone here buy any of their breeding stock to keep the lines going?

2. Omniskies

Omniskies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Missouri
    I'm beginning to get worried about Holderread. He already cut back a _lot_ this past year. That he is still cutting back makes me wonder if he is easing into retiring.

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I really hope not! I myself am getting rid of a couple Sebbies from his stock, but they're actually a few generations from his actual breeding.

I'm hoping to buy from them this spring, but really hoping they'll still have some waterfowl left!

4. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    I was kinda dissapointed to that they were selling out of sebbies because I was going to buy some goslings next year.

5. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    They won't have any babies this spring. From what I heard the sebs are almost all gone.

I am waiting for a call back from a couple weeks ago as to what is left.

6. CityChicker

CityChicker Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    They have been downsizing every year for several years. They will not have Sebbie goslings next season. Don't worry in general though about their lines disappearing at this point. There are people that have gotten breeder stock from them that will carry on with what they have started.

7. feathersandfluff

feathersandfluff Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes when we heard of Holderreads no longer raising and selling Sebastopols, we did buy up a bunch of Holderreads breeders to keep the blood lines going.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  8. Omniskies

Omniskies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Missouri
    Looks like I am officially putting in an order for a lot of their SQ ducklings to build up my flocks a bit more than I expected.

Now I have to wonder if I -really- need those Dutch Hookbills and Australian Spotteds...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by