Looks like I'll be making some Chicken Diapers....

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by chickenzoo, Jul 8, 2008.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Well thanks to BQB I'm a sew-a-holic making chicken diapers, HaHa. I already have a few orders from friends...I figuried why not, I already dusted off the sewing machine & serger. Look Out is already developing quite a wardrobe, such a patient chicken she is. Glad I kept all those piles of cloth my mom gave me from her stash from Wal. I'm sure my horses are laughing at my chickens saying "now it's your turn" since my horses were known as the horses that wore clothes around my neighborhood and beyond.[​IMG] I'd like to make some with themes : a pretty in pink diaper, jungle fowl animal print, eat more beef cow print, haHa I think I'm so tired I'm getting delerious.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm also designing vinyl "Chicken Addict" decals to cut on my cutter, busy busy busy

2. robinaggie

robinaggie Flew the Coop

May 25, 2008
    Texas
    How does somebody order an outfit from you? Crumb has left poo all over her room.

3. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    You must know how badly I want to dress up one of my silkie and keep it inside....

Stop...enabling....me!!

Hee hee

4. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    Those are so neat! I mentioned to my DH last night that I wanted to do the same thing, but I think he may put ME out in the coop if I did! Ha :|

Have fun~~those are cool... [​IMG]

5. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Quote:Go ahead, you know you want to.....with this he'll never know they were running through the house when he's not there:lol:

6. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Well she has rack up quite a wardrobe now, Ha Ha. She has been running all over the house in them. I now know what adjustments I would like to do to the pattern and what I am going to line it in for those Runny Poops- HaHa [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  7. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Use a pantyliner or a minipad.

8. ChuckenGirl

ChuckenGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2007
    Maryland :)
    there is nothing covering the vent right? so when she lays an egg it doesnt fall into the poop but yet into something for her to lay in?

if i ever move into an apart. that is pet friendly i will be keeping a chicken w/ a chicken diaper :]
    hehe

9. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I am going to sew in a plastic material like they use on picnic tables so you can just rinse it out, sanatize and go.I am also going to put elastic on the two sides that go between the legs so it will be more form fitting. [​IMG]

10. akyramoto

akyramoto Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    Northern CA
    ha!! those are awesome!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by