looks like I'm going to be incubating again!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gamebirdsonly, Nov 24, 2008.

1. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    I thought I was done for the year but I recieved some eggs today. Been waiting for these eggs since August, but their hens had stopped laying.

[​IMG]

2. crazyhen

crazyhen Overrun With Chickens

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    wow! they are beautiful. What kind are they? I'm jealous. Jean

3. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    I noticed they have BC on them... are the Black Copper Marans? Good luck with your Hatch!!

4. gamebirdsonly

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    Quote:yep! and blues

5. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Wow! Lucky you! [​IMG] I may be jealous now... lol

6. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    Quote:yep! and blues

You beat me to the draw. I will be picking my BCM eggs up Sunday and in they go. I found out last Friday that I would be getting the eggs and fired up the bator. Saturday night it was at 100 degrees and has been holding right there. I have checked it in the middle of the night, early morning and every time in between. These eggs are from of Wade Jean and Ron Presley's chickens. Most of the time I just put them in the bator and out they come, this time I am going to be on pins and needles. They should hatch on my grand daughter's birthday and she wanted them for a Christmas present. Until the eggs hatch I will be worse than a first time father. The DW is laughing at me all the time and is telling me to relax. How can you relax with the gand daughter's Christmas present in the bator. I am almost tempted to put half the eggs under a broody hen. Where is a broody silkie when you need one? GOOD LUCK with your eggs. The only thing I have going for me is, the eggs will be picked up, not shipped.

7. gamebirdsonly

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    good luck with yours. I'm crossing my fingers I can get 3 or 4 to hatch.

8. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Marans would be a very good excuse to fire up the incubator, that is if I ever turn it off! [​IMG]

9. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Congrats and good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by