looks like I'm gonna be a grandma... not happy

As to "fast love"... DH proposed after three DAYS and we just celebrated our 12 year wedding anny... so think positive.

But, that said, I also know too well how tough it can be to be 21 and have a little one... DH is still working on his degree.

Best advice? Be supportive. Love your daughter no matter whether things work out with this fella or not. And above all else love the baby that had absolutely no choice in being conceived, n'mind born. Been on then end that blames the baby for being born and it sucks royally.

Things don't work out... that really bites, but all the more reason why DD and grandbaby will need you.

But, if they do then you'll get a happy DD PLUS a beautiful grandbaby out of it.

hugs.gif
Best Best BEST of luck.

first of all having a baby is always greet and watching them Get older is even better.my advice make sure that the the baby's father is calm so in the future if the going gets tough you would know that there won not be fighting around the baby.i am a muslim and if that happened to me i would take a diffrent aproch

I think we all "get it". But some of us have had life experiences that enable us to give sage advice from the heart. It is..what it is. I agree that they are going to need your support more now than ever. It's fine not to be jumping up and down with joy right now. We all know what they are facing and there are going to be some tough parts.

You can help make some of those easier just by being kind. I disagree with one poster that says love is unconditional. I believe that God's love is the only true unconditional love but we can certainly emulate that love as closely as possible.
smile.png
If you have a close relationship to your daughter that is wonderful and a testament to your sweet spirit. Keep it up....you'll be a very happy grandma soon!!!

Good marriages have started under worse circumstances. Support them, and good luck to them and you. In love and marriage you create your own rules.

What's done is done, can't exactly put that horse back in the barn.
smile.png

I know my parents were NOT thrilled when I started dating DH a month or so after I filed for divorce from the sad sack I called a spouse. They hated my ex-spouse, and my dad paid for my divorce....so yeah, NOT happy when I started a relationship so fast.

They were also surprised a year later when we announced we were pregnant - not married, and no plans for marriage.

Today, we are married, and my parents adore DH - they talk to him more than they talk to me. He is often doing odd jobs for them, always willing to come and help them out. Course, I'm kinda partial to him too
smile.png

Remember - grandkids are more fun than your own kids - when they are naughty, dirty, hungry, or otherwise no fun, you just give them back to the parents! You get to have ALL The fun time now - spoil them, do the fun things maybe you never got to do when you kids were little
smile.png

Your DD will need your wisdom and experience that came from being a mom especially now, and sounds like you could do a LOT worse for a soon son-in-law.

Can't change what happened - you jusut the fun of the little chubby cheeks and that new baby smell - without the lack of sleep, endless crying, and panic that comes from being a new mom!

She knows she has my support. And so does he. He's really a great guy, much better than the fiance. Im thrilled he's happy. I got pregnant with DD when I was 20. For the most part, her bio dad bailed when I told him. He is now in her life and also supportive. I remember how hard it was. And I lived at home with very financially secure parents. Like Debi said, they have only been dating about a month and already say I love you to each other. I know DD track record with guys, its awful. Im afraid in about 6 months she will get tired of this guy and will be on her own. I sooo hope Im wrong. I think he is more into this whole relationship and baby than she is. And his mother is happy also. We are helping anyway we can but Im unemployed and we are barely making it ourselves. I did take her shopping and spent $200 on groceries, vitamins and apartment stuff. Its clean and cute, but very small. His mom actually live in the next building so shes right there. And to top it off, she thinks she might be pregant also. And shes dating a man going through a divorce. DD goes to see if she can get medicaid and WIC next week so that will help. She has insurance but not with maternity coverage. They both seem very focused and seem to know how hard it will be. I think Im kinda excited for them but just worried.

Last edited:
Hugs!

My dad always said, "If you didn't worry, it would mean you didn't care."

I hope your daughter can settle with the guy, and raise the kid in a loving home, and I'm glad both "grandma's" are helping!

smile.png

Back
Top Bottom