Looks like my final pullet may be an olive egger!!!

Melissa67137

Songster
Jun 24, 2020
South east/south central Kansas
Well, my final pullet Dot(possibly changing to Polly) has finally started laying, and wouldn't ya know it I think she just might be an olive egger. Her egg is darker than the others and has the same color inside shell as outside while the others have a light blue inside.
IMG_20220920_112033641.jpg

Infact the pullet (Gladys) was first to lay and I thought it was blueish/green but next to Dot's egg Gladys' looks more brownish/green. And then there is Dash(now Dolly) and her egg is a nice robins egg blue.
IMG_20220919_124006794.jpg
Pictured are the 3 eggs I found yesterday compared to the eggs that I know, from seeing them lay, came from Gladys & Dash. And then I have the old hen Henryetta that lays cream when she is laying.....so when ya line them up beside each other it looks like a printer is running low on ink lol.

Dot and Dash came from same hatching but lay different eggs.....but hey I am lucky as I will always know which hen isn't laying since they all lay different shades.

Attachments

• IMG_20220919_123825806.jpg
    IMG_20220919_123825806.jpg
    322.4 KB · Views: 9
Isn't it great to have enough difference to know who's laying which egg? Yours are certainly pretty.

I was a bit disappointed that only one of my Easter Eggers lays a green egg, but I was pretty darned happy that my "mystery" girl turned out to be a Prairie Bluebell Egger.
Ohh I would love to see a picture!!

Back
Top Bottom