Looks like one of my favorite roos has to go :(

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by ShaggysGirl, Dec 5, 2009.

1. ShaggysGirl

ShaggysGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2009
    Temperance, MI
    Last week we got another coop free from neighbor [​IMG] it was a play house at one time about 8 foot sq maybe made of OSB. Anyways we put our five roos in there 3 younger 4 months old and two 6 months old. they all had been in with the hens, only one Prince 6months old was kept outside and away during the day because Hawk (6 month old alfa roo ) would pick on him then he would pick on the younger roos and hens.
    I was hoping they all would get along with out the hens in there and next year I was going to breed certain ones. Well they have been in the new rooster house for 3 days last night when I went in to check food and water I seen drops of blood. I noted that when ever Prince walked towards the younger ones they would run but they have no problem being by Hawk. So I am assuming that Prince is the one picking on my Cuckoo Marans rooster who's comb looks like it has scabs now. He'll be going off this weekend to freezer camp. I knew he would go there one day but I was hoping to get a few pullets out of his offspring next spring [​IMG] Prince maybe a rude rooster at times but he is beautiful... I'll miss him.

2. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    [​IMG]

3. 6chickens in St. Charles

6chickens in St. Charles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    Sorry, sorry sorry sooooo sorry for you

We have similar, our babyroo grew up, now he is so lonely, cannot be with our little hens and his dad anymore, he is SO unwelcome. We have contacted 11 leads but so far no luck. I feel for you. Its very difficult to rehome a rooster. Even a beautiful good pet rooster.

4. ShaggysGirl

ShaggysGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2009
    Temperance, MI
    Thanks guys, he is gone. DH's buddy came over last night and picked him up. Crossing fingers that the rest do ok together till spring.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by