looks like water droplet on egg

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dddCT, Aug 12, 2008.

1. dddCT

dddCT Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2008
    Durham, CT
    I just checked my eggs that are on day 13 in the incubator and one of them has what looks like a drop of water on it. We candled last night and we saw movement in the egg. Should I recandle it tonight or is it an egg getting ready to explode?

2. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Sounds like it's seeping, not good. I would CAREFULLY remove it and take it to a dark room or closet to candle.
    Good luck
    Krista

3. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Let us know, that would be odd to have movement last night and full blown rotting today! hmmm

4. whitecra

whitecra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I had one like that on my last hatch and it hatched. I think that it might have been from the humdity in the bator.
    Chris

5. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    please keep us posted an exploding egg is no good

6. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    yes it kinda does sound like condensation in the bator humidity may be a lil high hmmmmmmm yeah keep us informed

7. dddCT

Jul 28, 2008
    Durham, CT
    We candled the egg last night and couldn't see any movement at all. We did see some movement last night but we candled this egg for about 8 minutes and couldn't get any movement. We decided to cull it as to not contaminate the others. There was not much chick formation inside. Just a blob the size of a kidney bean but no definitive form so perhaps what we thought was movement last night was wrong. this si our first time so we just don't know what we're looking at.
    Thanks for all the help and wishes. We still have 6 eggs left in the bator that are due the 21st.

8. dddCT

Jul 28, 2008
    Durham, CT
    another question about the 6 eggs we have left: we had the day old chicks we bought vaccinated before shipping. Do we need to have the eggs in the bator vaccinated for Mareck and if so do I do it or do I need a vet. I heard it needs to be as soon after hatching as possible.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by