Lookv what I found!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by missydcpc, Feb 26, 2012.

1. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    So for my anniversary, my loving man got me a trio of silver seabrights. (The 5 year old named them Chica, Flower and Dinner). Dinner is being a good boy and taking care of his girls! Tonight I went out to check on them after dinner....and laying in the cage (unfortunately not in the pretty little nest box that came with them) was a perfect little egg![​IMG] The seabright egg is on the left, and that's a store bought egg on the right. They only have to sleep in the cage at night, during the day, they have run of the 12x18 coop all to themselves at the moment. They will have access to outside once I get their HUGE run fenced in....wasn't really expecting to have full grown birds quite this soon...as we are getting chicks in drips and drabs.

2. AnimalLady123

AnimalLady123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    At the computer
    Beautiful litte egg!! I love it when I go outside and find two RIR eggs and go inside to wash them off and put them with the other hopefully soon to be chicks!! [​IMG]

3. Zootopia

Zootopia Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2011
    Abilene, Texas
    missydcpc-What a lucky gal you are. With bantams you will need to be mindful of any predators in the area before you turn them out of the run. Hawks and cats are a real danger to those little breeds. I'll bet the 5yr old is tickled too.

AnimalLady123-- you are washing your eggs that you intend to incubate? I think that you will find that it is not recommended to wash the bloom off of eggs kept for this purpose, but to only keep and incubate clean eggs. There is alot of info on incubating and egg care in the hatching threads.

4. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

That's part of the reason I haven't just let them play out in the small area I do have fenced in...I'm really thinking of getting a kennel for them....I keep changing my mind!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by