Looky looky at what I uncovered in our backyard!! Coop fixer-upper!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by sarahandbray, Aug 18, 2014.

1. sarahandbray

sarahandbray Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2014
    Ok, so I know it's not the Taj Mahal...and no where near as nice as many of your lovely coops...but I'm really trying to see how many things I can repurpose for this project! Old pony shed, about 10'X10' next door on my husband's uncle's property--going to be repurposed for chickens!! He is tickled pink since he grew up with chickens and is a disabled vet...I think be may be more excited about this endeavor than I am!!

Hoping to spruce up the place. Chicks come tomorrow or Wednesday, so I have about six weeks to get her in good condition!

Hoping for coop, opening to large fully enclosed area (super predator proof! And covered) which then opens into a large pasture/paddock for daytime when we're around. Have plenty of land and the little area just looks like it's begging for a chicken area!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And found a HUGE screenhouse in good shape! Hoping to repurpose, reinforce and use this too!!

Sarah

2. thomasboyle

thomasboyle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2013
    Northwest Hills of CT
    Looks like a great start! Take plenty of pics, and let us see your progress.

3. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    Wow...what a find! Keep us updated as you get 'er going!!

4. Eggsoteric

Eggsoteric Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Maryland
    Sweet finds! Can't wait to see the progression.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by