Looky Looky at what we got Picture HEAVY

HorseFeatherz NV

Eggink Chickens
10 Years
May 12, 2009
Sierra Foothills of Reno, NV
On Saturday the 2nd of April, Tui came to live with us. She is a 5.5 year old Anatolian Shepherd. She had never been around any type of fowl before. She HAD been bonded and guarded a herd of Alpacas. Her owners were downsizing, the Alpacas were gone and everyone had moved into a subdivision. The backyard was fenced, but it was privacy fencing and the family lab taught Tui to dig out under the fence. They loved Tui very, very much but did not think that she was happy living in their new situation. So when they saw my add looking for a LGD, they responded.

Tui is fantastic with all the birds – chickens, chicks, ducks and geese. She is wonderful with the horses and gets along with our “indoor” dogs.

Saturday, the 9th we woke early in the morning to Tui barking. She rarely ever barks – she has a very melodic howl that seems to keep the coyotes away from our place. So we heard her bark and then heard another voice barking. Outside our fence was the neighbors GSD – the dogs will come looking for our border collie and play with her. BUT they jump my fence and scare my chickens – they are strange dogs with no bird manners according to our chickens. Tui did her job perfectly and kept the dogs on the outside of the fence.

After a hard night of guarding

DSC_0976-1.jpg

DSC_0989.jpg

Rub my belly would ya

DSC_0990-1.jpg

Ya I’m smilin’

DSC_0991-1.jpg

DSC_0992-1.jpg

DSC_0995.jpg

DSC_0998-1.jpg

All the dogs

DSC_0887-Copy.jpg

Looks like your new dog is a anatolian mix. Do you know what else with? The jaw line looks like wolf to me....lol and then I was thinking Catahoula before that because of the coat markings?

What do you think?

Thank you everyone.

Tui is a registered brindle ASD from Possum Hollow Farms (they specialize in working Anatolians and Border Collies). But yes, she does remind me off a predator more than a "dog". Watching her think and move is amazing.

The blue merle is our Border Collie - she is not registered that we know of but is a working border not a show border collie
hu.gif
The other big headed dog is a Cane Corso Mastiff.

She is beautiful and such a good girl. Catahoula by nature are not barkers. Just FYI!! We had one as a shop dog and she never once barked for years and when she finally did one day it about freaked me out!!

Quote:
My Catahoula barks every time someone knocks on the door or rings the bell.
roll.png
Most people don't even know what he is when they see him. They assume he's an Australian Shepherd. Although, I did have a cable tech doing some work and knew the breed and mentioned he's never seen such a laid back one before so I guess he's an oddball anyway!

Horsefeatherz, I would never have guessed border collie! She could be my dog's twin as far as body/head shape even down to the same half fluffy tail! The only difference is mine doesn't have nearly as much white, his is only on his chest/belly.

She is simply stunning!!! I'll be getting my anatolian in the late summer (his litter has not been bred yet). I adore everything about this noble and ancient breed.

Back
Top Bottom