Looky Looky

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by WindyOaksYokes, Sep 1, 2007.

1. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Look at what my girls gave me today!!!!!!!!! (6 are ones that I gathered yesterday) But the rest are from today... and look at the BIG one... oh my... thinks its a double yoker... heehee... Found 4 of them in the coop and 5 of them under the house [​IMG] its a good thing I have been searching there huh [​IMG]... now I will quit my gripping about not getting eggs [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Nice looking eggs. I just started receiving double yokers too. My son told me I should charge double for those. [​IMG]

3. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Hmmmmm....I am at almost 20 weeks and no eggs. Maybe i should go out to the coop looking. I do glance around in there, but ........I'm going to start looking better. I'd hate to miss them. [​IMG]

4. WindyOaksYokes

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    LOL no kidding... it will shock me though if it is a tripple yoker like the one I got on my birthday a couple of weeks ago... how often does that happen??? LOL I am just so eggcited that I am finally getting more than 1-4 eggs a day... [​IMG]

Lurky - my girls are only 20 1/2 weeks... they started at 17 weeks.. I would be checkin... [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2007
  5. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Wow, lucky you! i can't wait for eggs. i have an EE at 20 weeks and the other at 12 weeks. i keep thinking my older girl should be laying any time, but maybe this horrendous heatwave is affecting her.

WindyOaksYokes and Lurky, what kind of chickens do you have?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2007
  6. WindyOaksYokes

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Airheart - I have BR, PR, RIR, Light Brahmas, BO and then I have golden and silver laced polish that are not laying and from my understanding wont lay til next year... I have no clue.. still trying to get info on them... however they are squating for me. Good luck on your EE I heard they lay early... hmmm... maybe just the heat... have read several posts of people complaining that no eggs due to the heat. Could she be hiding them? Have you checked her vent? [​IMG] there is a good post on here with pictures of vents if you have not seen them [​IMG] they do show one that is laying and the other that does not look like she has started yet [​IMG]

Heidi - I forgot to say thank you earlier... yes they are pretty... still a little small... but thats okay at least they are now laying [​IMG]

HAVE A SAFE WEEKEND ALL!!!!!!!

7. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Hi windyoaksyokes - i don't think she's hiding them. i'm always out in the yard when i let them out. i have not heard the traditional "i'm laying an egg" call yet.

i did see that graphic pic of a chicken vent. i'm not sure she would hold still long enough for me to get a good looky loo. i'll give it a shot tonight though when i let her out to roam.

You know, i had a White Crested Black Polish hen a while back (about 20 years ago). i think she was almost a year old before she layed an egg. Good luck with yours, and have a good holiday weekend yourself.

8. WindyOaksYokes

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Thats what they keep telling me about the polish.. So I have not really looked to hard for their eggs... I really bought them to show anyways... they are so beautiful in their own way... Just a good size to get my youngest interested in doing something...

And thank you... I plan on staying home all weekend!!! not out there with the crazy people [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2007
  9. JacobsRewardFarm

JacobsRewardFarm Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2007
    Parker, TX
    My 5 BRs, 2 Amers and one RIR are 20.5 weeks, and so far, nadah. I have started looking under bushes and behind hay feeders, but I haven't found anything yet. No squatting, yet. I haven't seen the vent photos to do a comparison. Anyone have the link (before I have my dinner - urp)?

I have 2 adult hens -a BR and a red something, and they have slowed down considerably in the heat.

Waiting... waiting.... waiting....

Cindy T.
    Parker, TX

10. devora

devora Chillin' With My Peeps

WindyOaksYokes: Are all your girls the same age? I posted this before and no one answered me (boo hoo!): Can eggs be so different in size from hens the same size/age?!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by