Looky what I got today.... *Updated*

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by gumpsgirl, Apr 23, 2008.

1. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    My chicks are here!!! Hooray! Hooray! I got 16 golden reds (a sex-link of some sort I believe), 1 barred rock, and 1 white leghorn. I know, strange assortment! I wanted more barred rocks, but they were all spoken for already and my son had to have his own chick he could tell apart from all the others, so, a white leghorn it was! They are all "supposed" to be pullets. Without much ado, here's the newest members of our family! [​IMG]

**I have called the hatchery to find out what the parent stock of the golden red was and of course, they wouldn't tell me! I think that's ridiculous! They did tell me that they are comparable to the golden comet, which is probably what they are. So I researched the golden comet on feathersite and their parent stock is a White Rock with the silver factor and a New Hampshire male. So there you go! Hopefully they will be good egg layers!**

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  2. Cheep Mama

Cheep Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Michigan
    They are sooooo sweet!! Thanks for sharing.

3. Chickaroo!

Chickaroo! Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    Very cute! I just got some myself last Friday and 5 of them look like the ones you have that are reddish/yellowish. Not sure what they are.

4. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    a couple look like RIR

5. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Chickaroo! :

Very cute! I just got some myself last Friday and 5 of them look like the ones you have that are reddish/yellowish. Not sure what they are.

The hatchery they came from called them golden reds. I'm going to look up the hatchery on the web and see if they show what breeds they cross to get the golden red. If I figure it out, I'll let you know!​

6. RobinEgg

RobinEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    thanks for sharing your pics of your babies, i never get tired of looking at them

7. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    They are so adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aren't they just so cuddly. They look like litte bears with chicken feet.

I want more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    They are great I can't wait to get mine in a few weeks.

9. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    Hello Gump, I have babies that look just like your's. Mine are Red Sex Links. There are also Golden Sex Links so who knows. To get the Red Sex Link they use either a Rhode Island Red or a New Hampshire Red Rooster and either a White Rock,Silver Laced Wyandotte, Rhode Island White or Delaware Hen. Hope this helps you out.[​IMG][​IMG]:weee:ya

10. ebonykawai

ebonykawai Chillin' With My Peeps

Ooooohh!!! Post pics as they grow, I want to see what the golden reds look like as they feather out! Pretty!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by