1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Loose Droppings

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by kdwag, Sep 11, 2012.

1. kdwag

kdwag Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2012
    Northwest Ohio
    one of my girls has loosely formed brown droppings. any suggestions on what is causing it?

2. RonC

RonC Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2012
    D/FW
    Not sure if this is what you are talking about. Once every ten or so movements will be different. They flush out their system and it's nasty looking and smelly. This is normal. There is something else going on if it's that way every time. I saved this link just because I knew someone would need it but http://chat.allotment.org.uk/index.php?topic=17568.0.

3. kdwag

Jul 14, 2012
    Northwest Ohio
    THanks I did find that site previously--none of the pics look like what my chick dropped. After watching them for a little while, the one responsible had a normal poo but then had a brown watery poo.

4. Campesina

Campesina Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2011
    what age are they?
    What do you feed them?
    Mine girls get runny poo if I give them too much fruit.

5. kdwag

Jul 14, 2012
    Northwest Ohio
    They are a week, they are on chick starter, medicated, and today, all poo is normal. Must be the cleaning thing I've read about?? It didn't have a smell whatsovever, but everyone is eating drinking and playing....chickens!

6. Roxannemc

Roxannemc Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2012
    SE Missouri
    Funny my babies are one week old too thought they were younger!!They all started wit this today. and are acting well and eaitng well. medicated starter
    What is the "cleaning thing".?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by