Loose Rooster!

LNM813

Hatching
Feb 3, 2015
Hello,
I'm hoping someone here will have a good suggestion for my problem. I live in a residential neighborhood in Las Vegas, NV, and there is a rooster in our neighborhood. It seems to go back and forth between about 4 backyards (including my own), none of the yards have anything like a coop, and it is against zoning violations for the rooster to be here. Because the rooster is not "running the streets", per se, but seems to contain itself to our backyards, animal control cannot catch it because they can't gain access to all the yards, and the rooster flies over the walls between our yards very easily, so even when they were in my backyard it just left for another yard. I'd like to catch the rooster alive so that it can be taken to a farm or something instead of someone ending up poisoning it or shooting it. It's become a nuisance to many of the neighbors as it starts crowing well before the sun rises, sometimes around 4:30 AM. Any suggestions??

1. Food to bait it and distract it.
2. A very large long handled fishing net.
3. Patients yet determination.
4. Dog crate to contain it after you eventually catch him.

I imagine it will take time to get him use to the feed and you in yard at same time. I'd not try catching first few days rather attempt to acclimate him to your presence, moving slowly closer all the time and tossing feed (scratch, bird seed, what ever you got). In few days of this training you can add the net into the mix.

Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom