Loose stools -- Button Quail chicks

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by warmfuzzyfeeling, May 30, 2010.

1. warmfuzzyfeeling

warmfuzzyfeeling Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Hello,

My husband and I are raising a couple of Button Quail chicks that we hatched in the incubator. They are 5 and 6 days old and just getting feathers in on their wings. They have been fed ordinary chick starter exclusively since day two, ground up in the blender. This was a little bag of by-the-pound feed that we got at our local, small town feed store, so I assume it is unmedicated. (We bought some medicated chick feed for our Golden Comet pullets and it has a slightly different color and odor.)

We finally located unmedicated game bird starter but, as I was preparing to give them the new feed, I noticed some soft stools. It has been a couple of hours now and the stools are definitely more loose and kind of clay colored.

Before I alter their diet, I was hoping for some advice. For pictures of the housing and full background story, please see the following link:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=348650

Thank you very much!
    Jennifer (and Derek)

2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Loose stools can be common .. it would help if we colud get a pic or two of the poo...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by