Loosing hair

samibentovim2

Hatching
Dec 23, 2021
Thank you for reading. My chickens are well fed well-kept but losing air for six months already. Just getting worse.
Two other chickens are not loosing hair but also not super healthy looking feathers
Rest of chickens (6) look great
Chick

Any idea how to cure?
Thank you

Thank you for reading. My chickens are well fed well-kept but losing air for six months already. Just getting worse.
Two other chickens are not loosing hair but also not super healthy looking feathers
Chick

Any idea how to cure?
Thank you
Do you have pics? Maybe they need more calcium...are they molting

The photo doesn’t seem to work for me? Can you upload it through BYC. Simply click the button in the toolbar that looks like a photo. If you hover over it should say, “insert image”. Have you checked them over for mites and lice? Parasites like these can cause feather loss. How many birds do you have in what size run? Dimensions if possible? What type of feed are you feeding? How much protein? They could be molting. Would you mind adding your geographical location to your profile? It can help us when trying to solve problems that might have to do with climate. Go to your account details by clicking your profile name at the top right-hand corner of your screen. Then scroll down and add your location to the “location” box. It will show on your profile icon next to your post. Are all your birds losing feathers, or just a few?

Last edited:
My chickens are well fed
What all and how exactly are you feeding?

Looks like pecking, and feathers(not hair) are of odd quality, maybe a silkie mix?
1640345132232.png

Yes, location would help here:
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1640345184302.png

Either feather picking, or you have a bird that is mounting the others, sometimes a dominant hen will do that in the absence of a rooster. How many birds in how much space? Often feather picking is a sign of over crowding. Pictures of all the birds, and your set up might be helpful.

Chick

Any idea how to cure?
Thank you
Most likley you have hen mounting if no rooster do you have a dominant hen?

Back
Top Bottom