lopsided air sac

bunnibird55

Songster
10 Years
Oct 13, 2009
NW Ohio
Hope someone can help me with this one! I have 41 eggs in the bator right now at day 11 - 24 of them are Buckeyes - the NH eggs all look good, the two cochins are great, the 3 ducks are great. Of the Buckeye eggs I have three clear, one with a bloodring, and one that looks like it is forming but the air sac is on the side instead of at the large end. Can this chick go full term? Can it hatch? Is this a genetic fault? Should I pitch this egg before it gets any further? Hoping one of you smart people out there can help me with this one! Thanks in advance!

Sorry I'm not much help, but I think I've read somewhere that an egg with amisshaped air sac can still hatch. I'm not 100% on that though. But I was wondering is it ok to incubate chick and duck eggs together? Ithought ducks needed more humidity?

Oh gee, I don't know about the duck eggs needing more humidity - I kind of threw them in the bator because I had three empty spots and I hated to see them go without something in them. I have only hatched chickens before - I might have messed up?????

pop.gif
hope you get some good response here, im also curious. i just candled my eggs and most have a lopsided air sack too, im wondering what would cause that since i have an auto turner too..

I'm incubating chicken and duck eggs together. I keep the humidity at 75% at hatch. I have 2 incubators going, one just for the hatch. All 7 of the duck eggs had a lopsided air cell and they all hatched today! It still was on the end but spread down one side instead of evenly down the egg. I was a little worried about them, but they were obviously fine.

Back
Top Bottom