1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lord..... What was I thinking??!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by MandyH, Dec 15, 2008.

1. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

My 3 year old has wanted a guinea pig for a few months now. Her pet rabbit died of old age and well, I didn't want another animal. Her Dad told her maybe Santa would bring her one, and I assured him he wouldn't!! WELL, I just came home with 4!!!!!!!!!!! Some people on Craigslist had them and we drove 2 hours one way and now I am covered up with guinea pigs. I let him talk me into it because they were cheap and came with a cage and all. Well the cage wasn't big enough for 1 much less 4!!! So my good deal cheap guinea pigs have ended up costing me close to $200 tonight. We have a mama and daddy, and a little sister and a little brother. I need to get rid of the two females, preferably before my dear child sees them. Anybody close need a mama and a little sister guinea pig??

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Oh honey you sound like me at the feed store! I can't go into the feed store without coming out with more chicks!!!!

3. MandyH

Debi, I KNEW you would still be up!!! I figured I might could talk YOU into giving them a good home!![​IMG]

4. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    They're a delicacy in Peru... <snicker>

5. debilorrah

Quote:You are so wrong on so many levels. [​IMG]

6. MandyH

Anybody in Peru want them??

7. debilorrah

Nooooooo. I am not in peru, but I have enough animals to last a lifetime and I have a sneaking suspicion my fiance wants more chicks.

8. MandyH

SURE, blame him!!! I've got those too by the way. I am hatching bout 40 blue and splash cochins as we speak. I have the guinea pigs hid out there in the hatching house.

9. debilorrah

I have to blame him. He says he buys them for me then tells me what breeds we are missing.... He wants polish, I want silkies.... But we already have 17 and are only allowed 6!

10. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Quote:You are so wrong on so many levels. [​IMG]

You're not the first to say this...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by