Losing Feathers

gauthierpeeps

Chirping
14 Years
Jun 10, 2007
Draneville, Georgia
Hi,
I am trying to figure out why one of my EE's is losing her neck feathers. I don't have any Roos in with my hens, so it has me wondering why. Anyone have any suggestions as to why this is happening?
GG

Lucy (Black Sex-Link), Piper and Pepper (RIR's), Penelope Pistop, Polly Polka Dot (EE's), 6 Japanese bantams, and 3 Old English Bantams.

smile.png

Yep,,,,my chickens are finishing a molt right now,,, I've spent a lot of time picking up feathers all over,,,, tail feathers,,,breast feathers,,,down feathers,,,all colors and shapes,,,,, in the runs,,,in the houses,,,,feathers,,,,,,,
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
roll.png

Mine are just starting to get their feathers back after a molt. Man did they ever look bad! Kind of scared me a little at first, then I realized that's what was going on. My first clue was when they both stopped giving me any eggs.
sad.png

Gloria,

I am Gloria also and thanks for the response. My one EE really looks bad, but the thing is she is my most reliable layer. The RIR's are slacking off and the EE's are constant layers. But they are looking mighty rough.

Thanks to all of you that responded!!

Gloria

1 DH, 2 RIR, 1 Black Sex-Lin, 2 EE, 6 Japenese Bantams, 3 Old English, , 2 Labs, 2 Doxies and 2 grown children....WHEW!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom