Losing head feathers and squatting to walk

5starfarmsllc

In the Brooder
Apr 24, 2020
I have this chicken prob about 4 yrs old. She’s eating and drinking. I checked to see if she’s eggbound. I do not feel an egg. She has no fluid in her abdomen. She was being picked on by the other chickens. I have separated her. But before being picked on she started losing her feathers on her head. And then she started squatting and walking. Almost like a duck. Any clues on what is happening with her?

Attachments

• 5D1CCD30-770B-4D71-8D87-09312C4E6E88.jpeg
    5D1CCD30-770B-4D71-8D87-09312C4E6E88.jpeg
    522.3 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    661.8 KB · Views: 6
You can try giving her extra calcium to see if that helps. You can find Calcium Citrate with D3 in the vitamin aisle of stores like Walmart, CVS, etc. Give 1 tablet daily, just pull down on her wattles, pop the tablet into the beak and let her swallow.

Observe to see if she's being bullied/picked on by the others. Her stance could be due to some type of reproductive problem or she may have some injury. Hard to tell.

You can try giving her extra calcium to see if that helps. You can find Calcium Citrate with D3 in the vitamin aisle of stores like Walmart, CVS, etc. Give 1 tablet daily, just pull down on her wattles, pop the tablet into the beak and let her swallow.

Observe to see if she's being bullied/picked on by the others. Her stance could be due to some type of reproductive problem or she may have some injury. Hard to tell.
Thank you. I will try that. I have had her separate from the rest of the chickens for a week now. She was getting picked on by them.

Back
Top Bottom