Loss of appetite??

goslingluv

Songster
May 16, 2018
SW Idaho
I have 2 ducks and a goose they free range all day and are not sick and poop looks normal but they have become lazy latey just hanging out not alot of grazing at least less grazing and they just nibble a little on the feed they dont dirty their pool as much either, is it season change? It started about the same time fall weather came. They were total pigs up until a few weeks ago.

I am not sure at 4 month old he would need wormed. Have you tried adding a poultry vitamin to their water or adding some extra protein to their diet during molt? some use cat food fish based. I use dog food salmon and pea these are dry foods. My birds love it. They also get meal worms. Lets see if @casportpony will say about worming at 4 months old.

I give him peas and corn he doesnt eat the corn but eats all the peas he has also been eating my cats food I will give him his own today. I also discovered a feral cat recently that has been hunting them im i have had to run her out several times last night i barely got there in time. Im wondering if that is causing him stress? I dont know how to get rid of this terrible cat.

Set a trap and bait with cat food carry to the shelter.

At 4 months I wouldn't think a cat could do much injury but it could be causing stress? Is it getting into where they sleep? If a cat can get in real Predators can too.

The cat is very aggressive but cant get into their house, the free range in a clean and safe area i walk it everyday and its all grass no questionable landscape we had a wild goose get a big face laceration one evening one minute he was fine went out 30 min. Later and half his face was hanging off we had it stiched thought it was from a fence but now im sure it was that cat...ugh

Back
Top Bottom