Loss of leg and watery poo

Discussion in 'Geese' started by o2b30again, Mar 30, 2017.

1. o2b30again

o2b30again New Egg

Mar 30, 2017
    Ok so here is the back story. I need help. 16 yr old goose leg doesn't appear broken. Can move a bit but it just hangs behind her. No bumble foot. Been separated from flock for about 2 weeks with no improvement. Today I noticed really watery poop. Well, it was all water really. Not even Green/grey. Just clear water. I dewormed her a couple weeks ago because we had a fecal and they found a single round worm. That's it. I don't seem to feel any bound egg but she hasn't laid anything at all so far this season either. All the others have been in full swing for aboutique 3 weeks or so. Anything else I can do? I should also mention we are her second owners and have only had her for about 10m. She isn't all that friendly.

2. zephyricle

zephyricle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2017
    California
    Has she been ea ting at all? Of not, you can look into tube feeding to get some substance in her. The leg could possibly indicate other health issues, but you could try to feel up the leg for dislocation on the knee or hock.

3. o2b30again

o2b30again New Egg

Mar 30, 2017
    Thanks for the reply. She does eat some. She drinks lots. Her chest is getting bare from laying on it for so long. Even with clean bedding daily. Vet, rural but not avian, said he had no idea. Leg feels good. I was curious about being egg bound but as these are my first birds have no idea what I am doing.

4. zephyricle

zephyricle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2017
    California
    Does her breath smell sour? The water could mean a blockage in the digestive system and sour crop.

If the vet said the leg isn't broken or dislocated, it might mean something a tad serious. There's a number of things that could cause that. (I'm not the best person to diagnose that though)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by