Lost 2 blue Andalusians in a month

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Joellen71, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Joellen71

Joellen71 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 18, 2015
    I'm so sad...I lost one of my favorite blues today. Found her dead on the floor of the coop. She didn't have any signs of trauma, and she wasn't acting sick the day before. She was about a year old.

I had four blue andalusians that I got at the same time. Here they are...they liked to sleep on a shelf above the coop door.

[​IMG]

Now I have 2. I lost the first one about a month ago. Same thing...dead on the floor.

I know that it just happens sometimes...chickens just die for no apparent reason. But I have about 45 chickens and several different breeds. It's kind of weird that I lost 2 blues in a row. Not sure what to think. Don't want to lose anymore.

Anyone have any ideas? Are andulsians especially susceptible to sickness or sudden death?

2. coach723

coach723 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2015
    North Florida
    Best option for this is to get a necropsy done. They could be related deaths, could be coincidence, no way to know without the actual cause of death being known.
    I'm not familiar with that breed, so don't know if they are prone to particular problems.

3. Joellen71

Joellen71 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 18, 2015
    Thank you....I thought of that, but don't really have money or a place to get it done.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by