Lost 4 baby chicks.. WE FOUND THEM!!!! SOO HAPPY!!!

BeccaB00

Songster
9 Years
Jun 16, 2010
Kansas
Well. I just lost 4 beautiful baby chicks to a stupid predator. Don't know what it was. I heard the hen clucking so I woke my dad up and we went out there to an almost empty pen with a terrified mama hen
hit.gif
it took all of them! No holes dug under the fence, no pulled back wire or anything!! And they were almost 1 week old.
hit.gif
this happened like an hour ago.
hit.gif

EDIT:
This morning three of the four were running around the pen trying to get to mama!!!!
celebrate.gif

I am SOO happy we found them but still very sad about the one that didnt come back.
hit.gif
We think a snake must have got in the pen and eat one of them and the others ran into the woods. The weird thing is..We didn't hear them chirping or screaming for mama like a chick normally does when moms not around. So thats why we thought it got all of em. But. anyways. I'm pretty happy right now.
celebrate.gif

Ima post pics later of them and mom scratching around.
smile.png

Oh! and also ! Later this evening we are going to fix the pen up so the little fuzzy butts cant run out. JUST INCASE a opossum or coon came.
tongue.png

Last edited:
thats what we were thinking. but we got out there fairly quick so i dont know if a snake could eat and run that fast.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom