Lost 9 Chickens Unsure How!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Shiphted, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Shiphted

Shiphted Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2011
    So long story short ive lost 9 chickens. 1-2 every day or so.. Anyway heres my dilleima. Theres NO WAY anything can get in unless whatever is getting in is a carpenter and fixes things on the way out lol.. but anyway I had 37 Chickens 2 Turkeys penned together. Is there any possible way that my turkeys are doing this. And my turkeys dont seem to scare any of the chickens. On top of that today for the first time 1 of my turkeys is missing a eye now and had blood on his fleshy area below the neck. I dont know whats doing it if it isnt the turkeys. Anyone ever see turkeys act this way. FYI there all around 18 weeks old!

2. bobbi-j

bobbi-j Chicken Obsessed

Mar 15, 2010
    On the MN prairie.
    "Lost" as in they've died, or "lost" as in they're disappearing? Are they in a fenced in run? Is there a cover on the run? If not, they could be getting out, or something else (like a hawk) could be getting in and getting them. So, tell us about your setup and I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions as to how to fix it.

3. magsrags

magsrags Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    Well if the turkeys are doing this to your chickens then are there signs of it? Leftovers....parts......?????

Quote:

4. PAchickenlover

PAchickenlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    Could you have RATS?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by