lost a chick this morning...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mother o' chicks72, Mar 27, 2011.

1. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    [​IMG] this morning my mom woke me up by saying "I think the little chick is dying!" I came out and I didn't want to look, but I did and it was all flopped over on its back and barely breathing. It was horrible, because we were fostering it for our friend because her daughter had lost her chicken last year and we were going to surprise her with a new one for her birthday. It was really small and was the last one left in its brooder at the feed store, I guess it was just weak or something. [​IMG] It really sucked though because my eleven year old sister was falling apart and calling me heartless just because I didnt cry, and my four year old brother wasn't acting sad at all. Just wanted to share that.

2. miss heny

miss heny Genetic Expert in learning Premium Member

mother o' chicks72 :

[​IMG] this morning my mom woke me up by saying "I think the little chick is dying!" I came out and I didn't want to look, but I did and it was all flopped over on its back and barely breathing. It was horrible, because we were fostering it for our friend because her daughter had lost her chicken last year and we were going to surprise her with a new one for her birthday. It was really small and was the last one left in its brooder at the feed store, I guess it was just weak or something. [​IMG] It really sucked though because my eleven year old sister was falling apart and calling me heartless just because I didnt cry, and my four year old brother wasn't acting sad at all. Just wanted to share that.

i know how you feel, i lost a chick that die right in my hand [​IMG]

3. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    mother o' chicks72 :

this is the 11 year old sister now. i didn't call you heartless i called our brother heartless.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by