Hello! Sorry for lurking and never posting. I've come to a point where I cannot find the answer in another thread -- so sorry if I overlooked it. We lost a goose overnight. No trauma or any other indications, she literally just fell over. I purchased her and her sister at the beginning of December from not the greatest conditions. Of course, I'm worried for my other goose and my ducks, but I do feel like it was something specific to *her*. Any insight here is really appreciated, though (in case others have had a similar experience)... But, on to my question -- Her sister was her bestie since they were hatched and she's definitely grieving. This gives me many things to think about; - I've read that it's best to get another goose as a friend. Would she not just bond to the ducks and all live a happy water-y life? That is, would another goose-y friend really be the best course of action? - Do you get another goose as soon as you can or wait a few weeks? If asap, how do you prevent a goose war when introducing them? Introduce as with any other flock introduction? (For me, this means I put them in the same enclosure, but separated by an xpen wall for a few weeks, then remove the barrier and carefully watch their interaction until I know everyone is playing by the same set of rules). Would a slow introduction defeat the purpose of trying to find a new friend? - In acquiring another goose, is it best to order goslings or get a juvenile around the same age? - As luck would have it, someone is interested in selling Buff geese, around the same age. I can go look at these geese and purchase up to 5 (3 ganders, 1 goose, and 1 wild card). Is it best to get a male/female pair, a female, a male, or three (etc)? (Of course, if same age is the way to go) To muddy this water just a bit, I've referred to her as a "she", but that is really the best guess... She's never been sexed. With all these "knowns" floating around, I'm not sure how to proceed. My knee jerk is to go purchase a pair of the buffs, but then I worry they will stay bonded to each other and exclude her. I have thought of purchasing just a gander, but then worry I may end up with two ganders. Of course, I could get goslings, but most hatcheries aren't shipping until April... So it would be a few months wait. Thanks in advance for any advice. Sorry for the long post -- I took today off work, so I've had a lot of time to think about next steps.