Lost a hen overnight....

mamaboyd

Songster
12 Years
Jun 6, 2007
Kendal.Ontario,Canada
I found one of our girls this morning by the coop door. Don't know what happened but I think maybe she was egg bound. Last night the girls were making an awful ruckus, but they were fine when I checked them before I went to bed. This morning they were still quite noisy so I went to feed them and the poor hen was just lying there. When I removed her, it looked like there were bubbles in her vent and it smelt like rotten eggs. We have been so lucky this winter, this is the first one we have lost since we got them as day olds, except for 2 day old chicks that didn't make it. I miss my girl, I feel so bad.
sad.png

Thanks everyone, you are such a great family!!
hugs.gif

I don't know what we're going to due with her, can't bury her, the ground is too frozen. I hope nothing else happens to the rest of our girls : fl

Hi Okie, ya, I've missed being on here. So busy lately, and know that my hubby got a used laptop, he plays poker online all the time and ties up our dialup.
tongue.png
, plus my DD is always chatting with her friends on MSN so I have to fight for the computer
barnie.gif

Last edited:
So sorry for your loss. I'd get a wireless router for hubby ,that way both of you can be online. Thats what we do anyway.We're both addicted to the world wide!LOL

Things are better this morning, no more dead birds!!
fl.gif

Okie, we have 2 desktop puters and 1 laptop, I have claimed the one as my own
lol.png
We just have to figure out how to be able to use all 3 of them at the same time on the internet. We live in the boonies so we can't even get high speed out here. Should look into getting a wireless router, hmmm., I'll have to send hubby out to get one today! We need something that won't tie up the phone line to, everyone gets mad cause they can't get through, it's always a busy signal. Good thing in a way, no phone solicitors ,1-800 numbers can bother us.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom