Lost Addict

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Dill, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Dill

Dill Chilling Out

Nov 10, 2008
    FL
    I'm ridiculously obessed with the tv show Lost. Lost is going to end in May 2010 and I'm already starting to panic and feel depressed even though its a year and a half or so away. That isn't a very long time though, especially the way time has been fflying the last couple years. I don't know what I'll do when it ends.. its not just a tv show to me, its a big part of my life and the only thing I love more than Lost is my pets/family/animals. I feel like Lost is a friend more than anything else.

The 8 month long hiatus' have been torture enough for me but at least then I know that when those 8 months are up then we have a whole new exciting season to look forward to... that won't be after Lost ends...They'll come a time when re-watching the episodes over and over again won't satisfy my Lost fix. I won't even be able to talk with fellow fans after awhile since the forums will all eventually go dead. Then who will I discuss Lost with? They'll still always be something to discuss.

I'm also addicted to Harry Potter and when the series was over I was depressed but I still had Lost so I was okay. (plus the movies, even though they can't even compare to the books) But this time I won't be able to find a 'substitute', no tv show or anything can be better or even equal to Lost (well Jericho was second to Lost but they cancelled it [​IMG] ). TPTB (The Power That Be aka the Lost producers) will prolly make something else when Lost ends and I'll definitely watch it since I like worship TPTB.. but no matter how good it is it won't give me a Lost fix.

I want to enjoy the little time i have left with Lost but thoughts of 'when it ends...' keeps coming into my head and making feel so sad and desperate. I'm not even looking forward to the new season as much as I would've, which starts in just 59 days because after this season there's only 1 season left. Its like this clock is ticking in my head towards Lost's end date and every precious minute that goes by is bringing me even closer to when it ends... I just wish I'd have found Lost back when it first started, 9-22-04, but I found it on 1-11-07 so in the end i will only have 3 yrs and a few months with it. If I could turn back time I'd make sure I watched it on that day. I was such an idiot back then, i thought tv was a waste of time(i still think that, but excluding Lost, Jericho, and any show TPTB make) and I made fun of my family when they said they wanted to watch it. I nearly didn't watch Lost on 1-11-07 but my family persauded me to watch just 5 mins.. the very first minute hooked me. I guess I should just be thankful I found Lost when I did and to enjoy all the memories and experiences... it could be worse.
    [​IMG] If only they would do 7 seasons instead of 6, that would at least be more satisifying. I need more time.

Sorry for the long rant/whatever you would call this [​IMG] I just needed to write it down, that always makes me feel better and stops all these thoughts swirling around in my head.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

try being addicted to The Tudors and only getting 13 episodes a year...... It ends in May and starts in January.

3. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Wow, is there a 12 step program or something to help you with this? [​IMG]

4. Dill

Dill Chilling Out

Nov 10, 2008
    FL
    Quote:[​IMG]

there should be a support group for all the fans when it ends. I know I'm not the only one who's going to be very upset.

try being addicted to The Tudors and only getting 13 episodes a year...... It ends in May and starts in January.

That must suck.
    With Lost we get (this season) 17 episodes from Jan-May. they're probaby going to have to take a short break in March or something though because it will end in April if not.​

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

It does suck..... Honestly, I look forward to January every year now.

6. Tiramisu

Tiramisu Got Mutts

May 3, 2008
    Milan PA
    I love Lost too. I only found out about it a little while ago, someone from my moms work lent her a disc to watch, I did not watch it at first with her but somehow I started to. Every weekend we would watch like a full disc of episodes and we were addicted but now its just kinda like a nice show to watch, but still #1 show for us. If you really do get depressed you could always find fanfictions, or write your own that should entertain/distract you for a while....but I don't know I think I'am depressed all the time-a happy depression [​IMG]

7. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I've watched a total of 3 episodes of Lost, and that was only because I know someone who was in it and played a real bad guy. I've never been one to get involved in tv shows, I watched MASH, Cheers, a couple others in the past, most recently the cancelled Men In Trees. I can't sit still long enough to watch a tv show, but I can sit here a play on this site for hours!

8. Dill

Dill Chilling Out

Nov 10, 2008
    FL
    I've watched a total of 3 episodes of Lost, and that was only because I know someone who was in it and played a real bad guy.

Whoa, really?! That would be a dream come true for me to be on Lost, even if I was just a red shirt.
    What was the guy's name?

If you really do get depressed you could always find fanfictions, or write your own that should entertain/distract you for a while.

Oh yeah, that's a good idea.​

9. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    the writers of lost are smart and they do their job good.

they will not write themselves out of a job..

there will be another series that will come along

no frets..

10. Dill

Dill Chilling Out

Nov 10, 2008
    FL
    ^ yeah, but it won't be the same [​IMG]
    I have complete faith in TPTB and whatever they do next will be awesome II'm sure, but it still won't be Lost.

This is exactly what I need when Lost ends, a prescription for Perspective. I wish it were real

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by