Lost all 5 layers last night. Pics* to help identify.

QuackerJackFarms

Songster
8 Years
Jun 26, 2011
Missouri
I can't believe it. I just can't believe it.

Okay, I'm pretty sure I know what did this, but I want to hear your thoughts first..

Thanks.

I found the hole they chewed through.

97743_0564.jpg

My girls go in the coop every night. But I found them on the far end of the run. In a pile.

97743_0684.jpg

2 are missing heads. There's your clue.

I'm so devasted. I know this was bound to happen at some point... but I'm in the middle of the city. Ugh.

I agree. I've done everything to keep the city fox out of there, and a coon chews through and gets them. And I was up til 3am wrapping and didn't hear a thing! SUCKS!!

Quote:
You know what's funny? I can't find that missing piece ANYWHERE!! And I didn't check for hair. I was in shock. I'll go back out and check.

How devastating... my heart goes out to you
hugs.gif

I would be waiting for that dirty (bad word) tonight, gun in hand...

The missing part of the fence probably came out in splinters and pieces and most likely not by a single large piece. My first guess is dog, second raccoon. I can't imagine how I would feel if that happened to me.
hugs.gif

It's that first initial shock that gets you. Ya know?! It was a coon. The space is much smaller than it looks in the pic. No hair stuck in the wood. Bummer! Merry Christmas to me! Lol.

I'm going to set a trap and see what happens. I can't shoot a gun here in the city or the cops will be here in 2 minutes. They have nothing else to do in this city.

I suspect this happened while we were out last night. Got home around 11pm. I know I would have heard this massacre. And it also explains why when we got home last night, the dog was going crazy wanting to be let out. (Lab/German Shepard) I thought she must have to pee pretty bad, but hindsight is 20/20! She knew something was wrong out there.

Darnit! We are never out that late. Darn in town relatives we were seeing!

Awww...so sorry!
sad.png
What a horrible way to start a day off. I'd still be in shock. Do you have others? Are they okay? Good luck with catching the culprit.

Back
Top Bottom