lost ALL my eggs?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by klf73, Jul 27, 2011.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I am so disappointed, but glad I ordered ducklings too. My ducklings came today from Metzer, I was supposed to move my eggs to the hatcher last night, but unplugged the turner until I could get to them this morning. I candled to see how they were all doing and they are ALL dead [​IMG] One pipped the air cell but the rest died within the past couple of days. Maybe the hotter weather made them hatch early? possibly? would they not have pipped still being in the turner? I feel horrible. I have had plenty of chicks hatch in the turner but I feel like I should have moved them a couple of days ago maybe they would have made it? they were runners and a couple of cayuga. I think the bator is going off [​IMG]

2. aineheartsyou

aineheartsyou Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Dixie, WA
    Im sorry to hear that [​IMG] but at least you have brand new ducklings to cuddle!

3. Cape Cod Egghead

Cape Cod Egghead Out Of The Brooder

Oct 17, 2010
    Sorry you lost your ducklings. I am new to hatching duck eggs, but wanted to share that I hatched out a dozen in a forced air hovabator with egg turner last month. They were 5 days early (!!) and three or four of them were standing and sitting in the egg turner when I discovered them. Luckily they were not injured! So, the turner didn't seem to keep my duck eggs from hatching!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by