Lost babies

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Fancychooklady, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Overrun With Chickens

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Hi guys, this is the first thread I've started, but I knew you would understand my pain. This morning at 4-30 am a pair of Rottweilers attacked my flock. They killed my little silkie girls while they slept. Beheaded my silverlaced Wyandotte and killed my gold laced Wyandotte , I am devastated! I have hand reared each and every one of them, what a waste[​IMG]. The dog catcher took them away, and my son had them in the sights of the shotgun, but I didn't have the heart to shoot them. The tears are flowing now, I just had to get this off my chest, to others who don't just see them as drumsticks!

2. iluvpeeps

iluvpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2012
    Somewhere
    I'm so sorry [​IMG]

3. coldupnorth

coldupnorth Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    N. MN
    So sorry for your loss!

4. Chickenlover20

Chickenlover20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2012
    Sorry about that!!
    About 3 months ago, i had my Jersey Giants, Delawares, Orpingtons, and Silver Laced Wyadotte..
    Only 1 of jersey giant hen, 1 buff orpington, 1 silver laced wyadotte, and 1 delaware got killed by fox.
    I was outside with them, while its killed them. my dad shot the fox.

My silver laced wyadotte hen was my first hen ever.
    I missed her.

5. Crabella

Crabella Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Inland Pacific NW
    [​IMG]
    Even if the owner of the dogs pay for replacements, it does not make up for what happened.

6. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Overrun With Chickens

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Thanks for your support[​IMG]. Turns out last time these dogs got out they killed 40 chickens. The guy got fined $500 under the dog act and is still paying it off. I am hoping that the 1 surviving slw pulls through. He seems to be limping and a little shell shocked. I did explain to the council officer that I had shipped the eggs in from the mainland, and hand reared them, he has impounded the dogs. I have 2 dogs myself, and they tolerate the chicks to the extent that they allow them to eat their leftovers they were very confused by this mornings episode.

7. silkie2001

silkie2001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2014
    Phoenix ax
    It's ok :hugs

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by