Lost Chicken in our House

SilverJeep

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jun 20, 2007
Northeast, TN
I know - strange huh? All I can figure is that one of our kids left a door ajar at some point today but I've been finding droppings everywhere! I can't however find the chicken. We know for sure that there is one hen missing from the hen house tonight so it's still in here somewhere. I feel like I have searched and searched, so I'm coming to you. where exactly would you find a chciken roosting in a house???
Please help - either my wife is going to get the fright of her life when she's up feeding the baby at 5:00 AM or if it doesn't come out, we're going to get a mighty fine stench in a few days!
Thanks,
Brian Moore

did you check the fridge?
lau.gif

hens often seem to go under things --- check the bedsprings, behind the toilet, the waterheater closet

alternatively they fly up, check the shelves in closets, the coat/hat rack if you have one, the top pantry shelf or above the kitchen cabinets

here's hoping !

yeah, and scatter some cracked corn, "here chickie! "

I think some of you think I 'm joking..
lol.png
Seriously I'm not.
Follow the droppings won't work because they were everywhere when I got home!! :eek:
I've cheked high and low too, but maybe I'll lay out some food and then vaccum it up before my wife finds it:cool:
I really never thought I'd loose a chicken in the house. Keep the ideas coming guys. I'll let you know if I find her.... and yes she'll probably be found in the fridge next!

Back
Top Bottom