lost chicken

country_guy9734

Hatching
8 Years
Aug 15, 2011
hello all, this is my first post. love the site

well i let my 20 chickens out of the pen yesterday evening about 2 hrs before dark like i always do. when i did my head count after dark i only had 18! now my barred rocks are like pets to me. once it got daylight 1 of them returned w/o the other...... any idea why they didnt return to the coop? should i be worried? walk through the woods looking for her? thank you in advance.

Well, something could have gotten her.....(I hate to say that...) But also, maybe she's just broody and is setting on eggs.....You could look for her, but if you've got woods around your house like I do, it's like finding a needle in a haystack.

Good luck, I hope she comes back,

Sharon

sad.png
You will have to keep us posted. I've always been worried about this... we are surrounded by fields, then woods behind the fields and I know we have a lot of critters running around that would just LOVE to get my girls
sad.png
My landlord had a young pullet that didn't return to the house one evening, I found it a couple of days later when I was walking the dog. It was just running through the field. Was able to catch it and take it home thankfully... Good luck. I hope she returns quickly.

Back
Top Bottom