Lost Cybil Dribble today............ My crooked beaked Sebbie goose

Discussion in 'Geese' started by chickenzoo, Feb 11, 2012.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I went out to feed up this morning and found her dead near a nest they were sharing. She was heavy, no injurys and was protected inside the barn. She was fine yesterday, running around being a goose. I think she may have become egg bound..... She had overcome so much with her crooked beak........... I will miss her deeply.

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    So sorry to hear about your goose, I know she will be missed... [​IMG]

3. Iain Utah

Iain Utah Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2011
    I'm sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

4. poultry09

poultry09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2011
    Rainier, Oregon
    sorry for your loss it is very upsetting to find one of you loved birds that have passed away[​IMG]

5. ChickenAsylum

ChickenAsylum Out Of The Brooder

Jan 5, 2010
    Central Ohio
    I'm so sorry. It never gets any easier, does it? [​IMG]

6. So sorry . . .

7. Lamar Estate

Lamar Estate Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    I'm really sorry to hear about your baby. It's always hard to lose such a loved pet.

8. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I feel guilty because I was feeling sick that day and didn't get to check on everyone before bed. I keep thinking I may have noticed she was off and helped her.... She was such a trooper and a sweetie. This just adds to the losses I've had, right before we moved I lost my beloved emu Jazzy, then right after surgery I lost my Sophie Puff Silkie, then last week my favorite Orp roo Hercules.....and now Cybil....... It doesn't get easier and it's always the favorites.

9. littledear

littledear Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2012
    Cabot, Arkansas
    I am so sorry that you lost her. It is like losing a best friend. I have always believed that my animals go on to heaven because it wouldn't be much of a heaven without them.

10. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    i am so sorry! It must have been heart-breaking finding her. Please don't be hard on yourself for not checking on her the night before. It's possible she had something wrong for a while, unseen. We know how animals will hide an illness so very well. Or perhaps a congenital issue. i had a beautiful black silkie of mine just drop dead, out of the blue. The necropsy showed her liver burst. No other problems, just one very weak liver she was born with that lasted as long as it could. It's so hard losing our pets . . . it never gets easier. We just do the best we can for them for the time they're with us, and look forward to seeing them again one day. It's clear Cybil Dribble was well loved and had the very best life possible with you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by