Lost goats?? north central kansas

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by kbhear80, Aug 30, 2010.

1. kbhear80

kbhear80 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2010
    chapman, kansas
    We have goats that have stumbled onto our farm. I have seen two of the up close..the have ear tags but they just have a double digit number on them. my son said he seen four or five goats when he went out. Our herd in free ranging but they dont seem to show ny interest in join them. Anyone know of anyone missing goats?? Or any suggestions on how to catch them? We have been out all day trin to catch them..and im think im ganna call it a day. 20 plus acres of farm fields and woods to search on foot can be exhausting.

2. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    I have no idea but maybe putting some signs up at the local feedstore might help find the owners.

3. kbhear80

Jul 18, 2010
    chapman, kansas
    some friends of mine were helping out and called the feed stores and vet....we live way out so these goats would of had to travel miles jsut to get to our house. I keep watching the lost and founds on craigslist too. Im hoping the goats will stick around and i can try to catch them again in the morning. 4 hours of trin to get them today was all i could handle with this heat.

4. Crazyland

Crazyland Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2009
    Sandhills NC
    Think somebody might have dumped them? You never know with this economy.
    Are they does? Maybe to get some free kids. [​IMG]

5. kbhear80

Jul 18, 2010
    chapman, kansas
    both were does. one was an older kid and one look to be full grown. i went out to door am chores and didnt see them and my dogs did pick up on anything so im not sure if they are still around or not. i am still ganna keep a look out. I would of kept them if they needed a home. Im cant turn down a poor helpless animals i need. Its sad that with the economy the animals have to suffer and people have to struggle. We have been very lucky as my husband is a medic for the fed gov..but as a photographer jobs are slim pickings around here. Still ganna keep an eye out and search some more today for the goats. wish me luck!

6. kbhear80

Jul 18, 2010
    chapman, kansas
    Yeah..found the owner. Just cant find the goats now. the owner said that four of them had gotten out together. he lives miles away from here so the poor things have walked a LONG ways.

update: we found two of the boer nannies. the owner is still looking for the other two

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by