Lost Goats

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Nadia Shahbaz, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Nadia Shahbaz

Nadia Shahbaz New Egg

Jan 19, 2015
    I lost some goats on 1-16-15. It was a mother goat with horns that is white with a brown face and her two babies. One baby was brown with three white hoves , and the other one was light brown with a black line across her spine. If you find them please contact us we love them so much and I can't live without them. If you find them please call or text the number 1-(209)-204-3631.[​IMG]

2. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    What area are you in? Please call your local animal shelter and make sure no one has turned them in. Is there a local farm near you they may have wandered off to? Maybe also place an ad on Craigslist Lost and Found section. Hope you find them[​IMG]

3. H Diamond

H Diamond Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2014
    I would also add to call your local Sheriff's Office. I am a dispatcher for my job that pays the bills (lol) and we handle lost livestock complaints all the time.

4. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Yea, you're not going to find them on a forum. Heck, we don't even know where you are, other than the clue your area code gives us for your phone number. What made you think we'd find your animals?

You need to contact your local sheriffs department, as already mentioned. You need to contact all local humane societies/animal shelters (believe me, mine has picked up lost goats before), you need to make lost ads with detailed information and put them up at every local store or common place people frequent (farm supply stores, grocery stores, the pharmacy, the recreation center, etc.). The important thing with any lost animal is to get the word out to everyone, right away. DO NOT rely on the internet to convey your information.

And you need to do this right now. Waiting means they can travel farther, be picked off by predators, hit by cars, picked up by someone who doesn't know better, etc.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by